Monday, May 4, 2009

On the Road with Raising Sand Radio and Mothers Speak about War and Terror

Listen to "On the Road with Raising Sand Radio and Mothers Speak about War and Terror"

For the next two weeks I'm on the road with my book, Long Time Passing, Mothers Speak about War and Terror, in which I share the stories of mothers and others in the war zones of Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and West Bank, Lebanon, Syria and the United States. Learn more about the book and the tour stops at the web site Mothers Speak about War and Terror (www.mothersspeakaboutwarandterror.org).

At each event I've invited members of the the local community affected by war to join me in raising our voices about the devastating effects of war. Today we'll hear from the voices shared at events in the Pacific North West, from Portland Oregon and Lakewood Was, where I presented the book and its ideas at a gi supported coffee shop called coffee Strong.

No comments: